 Administrative / General / 11325
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:07:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Dwight Abernathy wrote:
   So what was all this about? http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=14522&t=i&v=a

I have two words to explain why some people are getting disatisfied with LUGNET: “membership packet”

snip

If you want to point out problems, I for one would appreciate it if you do so in a constructive, polite manner.

-Tim

Besides, Susan Rich Green has apologized about this subject on many occassions for the Membership packetts no going as originally envisioned.

Give them a break, I have a gut feeling that many of us Lugnetters have forgiven them as well.

As for the LUGNET home page, I would like to suggest:

Minifig’s with that Brick Fest 2003 style Logo, or simular portrayals of chat symbolized by a caption cloud and a brick or Lugnet symbol in the middle; bringing people together. That idea should stay and possibly be expanded upon. Like mini-figs from all continents brought together and connected by the brick in the middle of the word cloud. Vital and original. Primal brick chat.

Also a better (looking or styled) link to Brickshelf and a few other focal points.

Make sure to include new jumps to the lugnet.org areas, so we can better direct people to the places people and localities closest or of most interest to them. This way new people can join local lugs easier.

Infact we should desing icons for this.

Make CLSOTW, a monthly thing; CLSOTM. Less work, I guess. Either way, I thought cool site of the xyz should stay. Perhaps just made easier for all concerned. I promise to try and vote regularly. I know we lacked in this at times.

OH OH! add a featured MOC to the LUGNET Home page!!!! Why not! Could be cool, and it can show case the abilities of our fine members so it really can make an impression on visitors. Like a super big Lego Stego by Henry Lim or a tiny sculpture like Jon Palmer’s super cool Sci-Brick Match-Bot Award.

Or a *cough *coughsupermechabyerrrrhhhrrrrricsssssaaaaaaawwwww*coughfie *cough

x-csuse

IMHO.

Good luck.

and thank you