 Administrative / General / 1107
Re: Can't reply to lugnet.general 2963
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 07:44:47 GMT

James Brown wrote:
Just what it says.  Via the web interface, I click on the "reply" button, write
my note, change the newsgroups, followup-to and subject, and get the following
error:

     441 defhdrs.awk: no Subject: header!

It also generated the same error no matter which of the possibilities I changed
(not change the newsgroups, no followup-to, etc)

Thanks for reporting this, James.

Wow, something is funked up with the References line in the article (I can see
the rejected article in the dead-articles file on the server).  There's an
extra blank line after the References header for some weird reason (not your
fault).  A blank line signals the end of the headers, so there's no subject
line in the message (even though there is -- but it's in the body of the
message rather than the headers).

Hrrm...

--Todd