 Administrative / General / 10765
Re: forgotten password
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:41:38 GMT

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:11:44PM +0000, Michael Harrod wrote:
I have made this request several times before, but have never gotten a
response. Several months ago, I forgot my lugnet password. Though I sent
several requests to have it reset, I never could elicit a response. So here
I go again: I need to have my password reset. I am lugnet member # 1632.
Also, I would like to know what happens when my password is rest, do I get
an e-mail advising me on how to get back in, or am I still left to my own
defenses to figure out what my original password was? Fortunately, I still
have the original email with my original password from when I joined last
summer, if needed. Please advise.

If you have your original password, then I'm not sure what you're asking
for.  Did you try that original password to log in?  It should still
work, even if you changed your password since (unless you 'retired' it).

When we reset the password for you, the server just generates a new
password for you and sends it to your email (as specified in your member
profile).  Any old passwords are NOT removed.

HTH!

Dan