 Administrative / General / 10624
  "Idiot Screensaver to see" and possible email spoofing

Hi all, I just got an internet connection (however sporadic) back after not having one outside my departmental lab terminals for a month, and Richard Parsons popped me an email after someone sent him the possible virus attachment named in the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: "Idiot Screensaver to see" and possible email spoofing

(...) Many current virii and worms will spoof addresses with addresses pulled from the host system. If someone has such a virii (most likely Klez or it's varients) and has either your e-mail in their address book, or in a cached webpage, your (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general)