 Administrative / General / 10526
Re: Links Management Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:33:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, John P. Henderson writes:
I was wondering if anyone had a complete and comprehensive list of links to
all Lego related websites.  I had gone so far as to consider designing one
of my own on my site, but then I concluded such a list would be better as
part of Lugnet proper (since Lugnet aims to provide enthusiasts with as much
info as possible).

I, of course, agree.  :-)

Then I remembered the powers that be (Suz I think) created this little ditty:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/helpwanted

As indicated on the top line of that page, Lugnet recognizes the problem I
am discussing.

Doh! That's odd.. I'd -swear- I removed that line a week or two ago. hmm..

[snip ideas]

All of this would of course require that the volunteer position mentioned on
the page above be filled.

:-) the reason I meant to delete that particular wanted position is, I found a
volunteer! He will work on entries and keep the page up to date. The only
logjam is getting time from Todd (or Dan) to make that Everything LEGO page
easily editable by its new curator.

When that time comes, let's revisit the brainstorming. We can use this thread,
as it already has good ideas flowing. Meanwhile, everyone is welcome to add
suggestions. Please just understand that we can't implement them quite yet.

I for one don’t think of myself as the best computer person, and I might not
know exactly where to start without some initial guidance, but I would be
willing to help out if no better candidate volunteers.

Thanks for your offer! We might need an additional person, especially if the
page expands beyond its current 'link list' format.

-Suz
please follow-up to admin.suggestions