 Administrative / General / 10425
Re: Does lugnet have the right 'look and feel'?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 04:17:17 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kyle Beatty writes:

[lots of snipping here...]

That is not my impression at all. The front page is in need of some
freshening up, but the appearance and performance of the site overall are
hugely satisfying to me. Yes, that is right. The design of the site
satisfies me a lot!

I find your correspondents' impressions baffling. Are they perhaps confusing
"shopping site" with "professionally designed"?

But the front page isn't the whole look and feel. It's definitely a first
impression. I would think even the most casual of users would discover that
within one click. (I guess I am agreeing that the font page has some
disconnect from the site as a whole.) But didn't Suzanne announce a planned
overhaul?

Hmm...I agree the front page could use a few modifications here and there,
but overall, I think it is easily navigatable (on the contrary to the original
home page), and should remain as is, except for a few changes (mostly being
dead link changes, "dead" being to me that if anything hasn't been updated
in the last few months, it's no longer a viable topic).

The contreversial brickwise, which I haven't seen updated in quite a while,
might need to be offset until it's up and running again, and the crossword
puzzle should (in my opinion), go into the archival section of Lugnet (cuz'
it's been out there for over a year, a tad long for any feature to stand,
unless it draws a lot of traffic.)

Not to be pessisimistic about any of Suz's work on lugnet lately (I
appreciate all of the hard work of the admins on clearing up issues and
such), but I think
a few things on the front page should be updated to get a fresher look on
new content.

Still though, everything to me seems okay, so if first impressions are
important to the ever savvy web viewer, than I think Lugnet gets a good mark
on that category.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112