 Administrative / General / 10395
  How is NNTP, SMTP and HTTP integrated on Lugnet?

Here on Lugnet, we have the freedom to choose if we want to post messages through NNTP, SMTP or HTTP? How is the integration of these three protocols implemented. Is the software that implements this integration available for others to use? Several (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How is NNTP, SMTP and HTTP integrated on Lugnet?

(...) Try Web Crossing: (URL) software offers the triple interface (SMPT,HTTP,NNTP) and is customizable. Licenses range from $0 on up. -Rob. (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How is NNTP, SMTP and HTTP integrated on Lugnet?

(...) the way it works here is there's an NNTP server, and custom built SMTP and HTTP interfaces to it. It's all custom code written by Todd... You'd have to ask him about access to it though. :) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)