 Administrative / General / 10232
Re: Membership webpages not meshing with news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:58:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori wrote:
Now, say I want to get to one of my membership pages, I always type
"~88/" at the end of the address, so it becomes:
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/~88/

Except there's nothing there! My page is actually at:
http://www.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/~88/ ("www" instead of "news")

well, from what I can see, the www server and the news server are meant
to be two seperate machines... So naturally your page is on the www
server (though one day it might be on a members.lugnet.com), and not on
the news server.

Perhaps the other servers could be tought to nicely forward you to the
right url when you make a mistake like that, but I fear there are higher
priorities first :)

Dan