 Administrative / General / 10160 (-20)
  Re: See Me

(...) That's certainly one way to do it (that'll work right now!), but I was thinking of having a picture that actually displayed on the member profile page. And as others have said, it'd be cool to have a minifig picture, too! ROSCO (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) DOH!!! Well, at least I know it's a good idea. ;) Steve (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) uhhhh... they are already there? (URL) an example) :) Dan (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) Alternately, could the highlight textual icons be added to the 'brief' message list display? It wouldn't be a search, but at least you could see at a glance which messages got tagged. Steve (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: See Me

<snip> (...) I tried it, and it works great!!! here is my member page, it is URL 3, labelled, "What I look like" I don't know if that's what some had in mind, of course those that have 3 URL's already linked, they are out of luck!! :( Benjamin (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

  Commercial?

Isn't this: (URL) commercial announcement? Is it allowed in lugnet.announce and lugnet.trains? (I know, we still need a ruling on market posts in theme groups... but the announce thing is pretty clear). A similar thing happened before, here: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: See Me

(...) that would probably have to be up to Todd to come up with... it probably wouldn't be that hard to do, but a minor update to the overall design layout of the membership page... Benjamin Medinets ...yes that would be very neat....two (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: See Me

Ross Crawford wrote in message ... (...) That would be *very* neat, especially if the pics came up on the member page rather than just linked (like on the BrickLink member page). Even better if there was 2 pics... one your minifig self and one for a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: See Me

(...) Rosco, there is... go to the URL section of the member page ... in edit mode ... and hot-link it directly to the brickshelf photo.... or if you decide to add some color commentary :) you can use a ftx file (on lugnet, with your paid (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: See Me

(...) :-) (...) What if there was a way to add a link to a photo of yourself on your Lugnet member page? That'd be neat! ROSCO (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) Okay, thanks. Keep us informed of any "Advanced Search" updates! TJ (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) I haven't really looked into it yet, but from what I know, the index that is used just indexes the article data, and the author's name/email. The '(details)' you see will not show up anyway, since it's not part of the article at all - it's (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) Well, can the spotlight page ((URL) be modified so that you can look back more than 14 days? Or could it be modified so that you could search a particular time span (e.g. March 1, 2000 to May 1, 2000)? I did try searching in NEWS for (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

(...) AFAIK, it cannot be done yet. Another thing to add to the 'Advanced Search' feature. One day, we'll have such a thing :) Dan (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Searching for Highlighted/Spotlighted Posts

How would I go about searching for old messages in a specific group that have been highlighted or spotlighted by members? For example, I want to find all the h/s'd posts in .technic in the past 2 years. How can this be done? thanks, TJ (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

(...) in that case, you might want to sign up to one of the spam filtering services? I know some people have used them with much success, such as spamcop.net. (...) you can have as many setups as you need - but to use the spamblock, you only need (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> (...) is (...) change (...) post, (...) Oh, I see. I have actually changed my posting setup to include the block, but cannot send e-mail out using the block, as my mail server will not (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

(...) that is correct - since you didn't change your "from" field to use the spamblock. What you need to do is create a new "posting setup" here: (URL) put in your spamblock email address in the "From" area. Then, change your mail client to send (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> (...) to (...) Dan, Question regarding this. I mostly post to LUGNET via e-mail. I just tried doing so using a spamblock in my reply-to header. This works fine, but my From: field still (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

(...) are there some measure in place? yes, some. Is it possible to block out crawlers? not really. As long as anyone can point their browser (or newsreader) and connect to LUGNET, without requiring a password, the data there can be harvested. We (...) (23 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact