 Administrative / General / 1011
1010  |  1012
Subject:
Don't steal things from other web sites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:38:50 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
In lugnet.starwars, eric@nospam.thirteen.net (Lorbaat) writes:
I can't personally vouch for the veracity of these descriptions, but I found
them on www.starwarz.com, one of the many sites that has feelers all around for
any Star Wars news.  The person who wrote them claims to have seen them at a
toy fair- well, the Olympia '99 Trade Fair in the UK, to be precise.  Look
around as I might, though, I couldn't find any photos...

+++Begin blatant stealing of Material+++

***BAD***BAD***BAD***

Don't do this!

Always get permission first before posting something that someone else
wrote.

Or post the URL so people can go find it at its source.

--Todd

Eric,

I should clarify that a bit...  Certainly you can post anything you find on
the lugnet.com site for discussion purposes, and you can probably post a
fair amount of other content you find elsewhere, but it all depends on the
nature of the content.  When in doubt, don't ever post something that
someone else wrote without first obtaining their permission (unless you're
posting a follow-up article and you need to quote something; in that case,
the permission is implicit).

You said that you were blatantly stealing material from another website.
This is a violation of the Terms of Use for this Internet site.
Please review <http://www.lugnet.com/terms/> in detail.

DISCUSSION GROUP TERMS AND CONDITIONS

   LUGNET includes discussion groups which allow feedback and
   interaction between users.  LUGNET and its owners and/or operators
   do not control or censor messages, information, or files delivered
   to discussion groups.  It is a condition of your use of the
   discussion groups that you do not:

   [...]

   6.  Post or transmit any information, software, or other material
       which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including
       material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or
       which is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary
       right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first
       obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.

--Todd

[This message is crossposted to lugnet.starwars & lugnet.admin.general, with
followups set to lugnet.admin.general.]