 Administrative / General / 10037
10036  |  10038
Subject:
Peeron connection problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:52:08 GMT

A couple of days ago (right after the update announcement), I tried to download
the inventory hosted at http://www.peeron.com/inv with Webstripper
(http://webstripper.net).  I left the program running overnight, but it didn't
manage to get the site downloaded even over a fast connection.  I stopped the
transfer, but ever since I have been unable to get to the website, getting a
"Forbidden" message in my browser.  I also use the LUGNET News and Brickshelf
Gallery Sidebars which also have the "Forbidden" message displayed.

I wrote to Dan Boger about the problem, but just realized that my e-mails to
peeron.com might not be getting through either.  Is this problem being caused
because I ran the Webstripper program on the site?  Have I been blocked by
peeron.com or my isp from accessing the site?  My IP address is 152.10.18.70

Could Dan, Jenn or someone else give me some tips about this situation?  Also,
does anyone (esp. Dan or Jenn) have the inventory database available offline
(on a cd perhaps?)  I would really like to have offline access to the
inventories on peeron.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com