 Administrative / General / 10022
  Broken FTX linking?

The FAQ entry: (URL) this FTX: ...favorite USENET newsgroups such as <news:rec.toys.lego>. ... I'm pretty sure this used to work. It resolves to: (URL) for me results in a 'page not found' page on IE. Other jump.cgi uses resolve fine. Cary (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Broken FTX linking?

(...) For me (On IE 5.00), it attempts to open a newsreader, and resolve the group from the name list available from my news server. This fails, because I'm at work, and default to internal NNTP servers, which don't port through usenet groups. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Broken FTX linking?

(...) ...and your browser is configured to open your news client when receiving a "news:" URL. In IE, choose Tools | Internet Options, choose the "Programs" tab, and select your news client in the "Newsgroups" field. ROSCO (22 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Broken FTX linking?

(...) ... (...) This link: news:rec.toys.lego works fine for me. (opens the news client, etc.) This link: (URL) not work for me. Are you saying that this works for you? Cary (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Broken FTX linking?

(...) It works for me at work, under IE 5.00. It doesn't work for me at home, under IE 5.50, but I suspect that's because I don't have a newsreader installed on my home computer. What browser (and version) are you using? James (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)