 Administrative / General / 10028
Re: Broken FTX linking?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:13:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Cary Clark writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Cary Clark writes:
The FAQ entry:
   http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Administrative/outlook
contains this FTX:
   ...favorite USENET newsgroups such as <news:rec.toys.lego>. ...

...and your browser is configured to open your news client when receiving a
"news:" URL. ...

This link:
works fine for me. (opens the news client, etc.)

This link:
http://www.lugnet.com/jump.cgi?news:rec.toys.lego
does not work for me. Are you saying that this works for you?

It works for me at work, under IE 5.00.
It doesn't work for me at home, under IE 5.50, but I suspect that's because
I don't have a newsreader installed on my home computer.

What browser (and version) are you using?

James