 Administrative / General / 10001
10000  |  10002
Subject:
Market posts and TOS (was Re: Black Cat 5571 + 5563 + 5561)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:45:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Duq wrote:

Wrong group. Try again at lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade or
lugnet.market.brickshops.

There has been talk for ages about changing the TOS to disallow market
posts outside the .market hierarchy (presumably they would remain ok in
org groups as those groups desire, and shopping tips would remain ok in
the .loc groups), and Suz has made one "official" prounouncement. Can we
please get the TOS updated and a reasonably official pronouncement
before people get too fired up about correcting these misposts. It is
incredibly unfair to blast someone for what would appear to be OK given
the current TOS.

Frank
(who's been calling for this update for how long?)