 Administrative / Financial / 46
Re: revisiting the plan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 20:48:52 GMT

In lugnet.admin.finance, William R. Ward writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:

It may be useful for people thinking about financial aspects of LUGNET to
revisit the LUGNET plan, especially these sections:

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/plan/6.html
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/plan/7.html
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/plan/8.html
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/plan/10.html

MOST especially 8.

Other venues have garnered some of the revenue streams at this point of course.

Unfortunately for that plan, when eBay came into existence and
prominence, the demand for the LUGNET auction services (AucZILLA)
has pretty much disappeared.  I don't think it would make much sense
to pursue that plan anymore.  A new method will need to be found.

However, thanks for pointing out the historical context.

Disagree. BrickLink is making a good revenue stream by providing a subset of
the Plan services in this area, without regard to eBay whatever. Commerce is
more than auctions, much more.