 Administrative / Financial / 23
Re: New newsgroup lugnet.admin.finance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 02:59:58 GMT

You offered some really great constructive points Dave!
All have merit but some seem more advantageous than others.

In lugnet.admin.finance, David Eaton writes:
3) Get Lego to donate :) [Lego: "Ick. Hack. Cough."]

Not so “ickey” if an individual branch or sector were to take special interest!
Donations needn’t necessarily have to be monetary in nature, they can be
assets of creative exposure or to expand our influences.

For example, I believe networking with internal Lego groups is necessary.
(It’s like hijacking: if you can’t get into the vault take hostages!)
What I'm sayin’ is that we should perhaps draw upon our connections to the
young dynamic and creative branches of Lego:

We already have good relations with Lego Direct (Shop@Home) but I'd like us
to develop our connections to the Lego ~Mania newsletter group.
Who’ve already taken a liking to us: http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=588
          http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=31694
This could give us significant exposure and expand our influences.

Also,

The Lego creative team ~Futura acts like a special ‘black-ops unit’ of Lego
intelligence. This brain-storming team adapts and provides inferences into
possible new product lines. We could offer our services or collaborate with
them. Providing new theme proposals for them and facilitating in their
creative process:  http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=32839

Todd & Suz wrote:
financially compensate the community's hard-working volunteers.

Just a question, is Lugnet a limited liability organization?
Have you thought of incorporating this venture. (if it’s not already)
This could enable you to still keep absolute control but exercise
greater delegation of responsibility without the fear of losing ownership.
Also, for those like the Dan and Jenn Boger & Steve Bliss  who “volunteer
huge amounts of their spare time and energy into keeping things running and
improving behind the scenes” will be rewarded with spiffy hierarchical titles
(e.g. chief organizations supervisor of internal logistics!) and
work-association benefits.

           Just a few flawed ideas that can be looked into,

                                               -R