 Administrative / Database / 956
Re: Adventurers subthemes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.year.2000
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 00:58:12 GMT

Hi again,

since there are no replies to my posting yet, I thought it would be a good
idea to crosspost it to lugnet.year.2000 since it is a question about theme
names. I am really surprised that my posting caused no reaction at all.
Personally, I am a bit dissapointed about the unofficial names that the Set
Guide uses for the Adventurers sub themes and now where the 'official' names
have been found out, it seems that nobody actually cares about them. I
really don't think everyone should agree with my opinion here, but it would
have been nice to get any feedback at all to start a discussion. Maybe the
ones who do not (want) to update the Set Guide could at least explain their
point of view about it.

Well, here's my old posting that many of you probably missed.

"Christian Gemuenden" <GECH1@t-online.de> wrote in message
Hi,

While browsing through the Set Guide, I noticed that the Adventurers
subthemes (3 so far) do not yet have official names, only those created by
"us" in order to keep them sorted. So far, the names are: {Amazon}, {Dino
Island} and {Egypt}.

I just wanted to drop a note that LEGO has updated their LEGO Finder and • you
might want to replace these unofficial names by the "more official" new • ones
found on lego.com, see: http://www.lego.com/legofinder/themes.asp
I wonder when a theme/subtheme becomes official, or when it stays marked
{unofficial}. Anyway, I think "Jungle", "Dino Island" and "Desert" are
better names than the old ones, so You might want to replace them.

Just my 0,02US$.

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
LUGNet Member #479
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de