 Administrative / Database / 771
Re: Sets 2707, 2708, and 2709
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:04:38 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Huw Millington writes:

There are better scans at Huw's database than I can make without opening • the bags. I those scans are not to be copied, I
am willing to submit my scans.

The scans at Brickset can be used at lugnet- I already permit that.

What is needed is an automated way for Todd to detect new sets added to my
site to save 3rd parties having to raise them here. He has offered to give
me admin rights to the database, but I wouldn't really have time to do it -
it's bad enough keeping Brickset current.

Does BrickSet have a downloadable form of the database, like Lugnet has?  If
so, getting automatic updates, or at least notices when something changes is
really easy to do.  I already get daily mail telling me what has changed in
pause over the last 24 hours.  If BrickSet has such an option, or if it can be
setup easily, I'd just replicate the script, and have it mail whoever is
interested.

:)

Dan