 Administrative / Database / 35
Re: 6462 Piece Count
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 02:38:26 GMT

Joshua Delahunty <dulcaoin@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> writes:

Todd Lehman wrote:
[...]
The DB tracks the official piece count as given by LEGO on the box.  If that's
not available (for example, European sets), then a hand-counted piece count is
taken (using rules as close as possible to Joshua Delahunty's prescription) and
the number is presented in curly braces as a "non-official" number.  Sometimes
the number also appears with a question mark after it if it is heresay or a
total guess.

Hmm.  I thought it went:
1) Box
2) Shop-at-Home Catalog
3) THEN we count.

Oops, I misspoke...yes, you are totally right (as usual).

Note that box and S@H do NOT necessarily correlate.  I track both of
them, personally.

Eventually I'd like to be able to track all 3.  :)

--Todd