 Administrative / Database / 27
Re: Update Info for Pause (Is it Lugnet now?) Database Volume II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:22:57 GMT

Huw Millington wrote in message ...
Oh, technic was technic from the start in Europe. I suggest Huw • Millington's
lego pages, featuring 3 catalogs from 1977, 1978, and 1979, all from
Europe.

In the UK they were 'Technical sets' until at least 1980. I am not sure • what
year they became Technic.

Oh, I aimed to mention this actually. Not expert builders anyway.

Nice informational site, especially very deep in 1970s.

Thanks - I am planning a revamp of my '70's guide, based on ASP technology
and better scans, so keep an eye out!

Wow, it will be very nice...waiting for..:-)

In one of my postings, I asked for if it is nice (or not) sending you the
pictures I grab from the net. Actually I don't remember the pages/sites • that
came from (Tore Ericcson, Huw Millington are the bigest sources but there
are others) but I think I can stil send them to you so you can add at • least
pictureless sntries to the data base.

Todd has already asked about the possibility of using my images, and I have
agreed, although I asked for a link back to my site to be included. While • it
would be great to have Pause/Lugnet as comprehensive as possible, I think
you'll agree that it would not be desirable that this happens at the • expense
of killing other resources on the 'net.

I'm very happy to hear this. Seeing lugnet database as complete as possible
would be nice.

Actually I'm sharing the same thought as "other specific sources must live".
Your source is a specific one (1970s' lego and promotional sets) as well as
being very well designed and detailed in its unique subject. It should of
course continue its life and I'm sure it will, since lugnet database is a
general one and cannot be a replacement.

regards,
Selçuk