 Administrative / Database / 2037
Re: LUGNET Guide updates (Tue 14 Nov 2006)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:33:13 GMT

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Frank Filz wrote:

LUGNET Server wrote:
This is a daily report of recent changes made to the data in the
<http://guide.lugnet.com/ LUGNET Guide>.

Hmm, do we really need these showing up in lugnet.admin.database?

Well, it's the best place I can think of for them, working from the
assumption that lugnet.admin.database is the newsgroup for postings
related to the LUGNET Guide.  That assumption is not actually supported
by the charter but no existing newsgroup fits better and
lugnet.admin.database has become the de facto LUGNET Guide
addition/correction/comment posting area.  A new group such as
lugnet.admin.database.lugnet might be appropriate, with generic or
non-Guide postings kept in lugnet.admin.database. . .but really, it's in
the .admin hierarchy, so it *should* be about LUGNET things like the
Guide, and postings about databases not part of LUGNET should be in
lugnet.database anyway.

If lugnet.admin.database is determined to be the best place for postings
about the LUGNET Guide, then the Guide updates surely belong in it, since
they are a) about the Guide and b) of interest to those interested in the
Guide (or more precisely, the data in the Guide---certainly, they are of
no interest to those interested in, e.g., the structure of the Guide, but
not all the particular data that populates that structure).

They never did before, and dramatically increase the traffic.

Well, since the twelfth of July this year, so for four months.

Is the increase in traffice positive?  Negative?  Neither?

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/