 Administrative / Database / 1873
1872  |  1874
Subject:
SYSTEM / Creator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:57:11 GMT

Hi. In last night's report:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/statistics/?n=6165
Number: 4919
Name: Blue Tub
Theme: LEGO / Creator (was: LEGO / SYSTEM)
Year: 2005

Perhaps we should do a sweeping change.
from:
  LEGO / Creator
to:
  LEGO / SYSTEM / Creator

This would be in line with my:
  LEGO > SYSTEM > Designer
  LEGO > SYSTEM > FreeStyle
  LEGO > SYSTEM > Basic
(Which sloppily varied from only using the word "System" when stated on the box,
over to the broad indication of the type of stud.)

...Hm, but a Creator change would make me want to adjust all the existing:
  LEGO > BASIC
  LEGO > BASIC/CLASSIC ..oh yeah. some Basic was also released as Classic. ug.
  LEGO > BASIC > Samsonite  That would be a serious change.

Nevermind. I've talked myself out of it for now. As usual, I'm reminded that
what we really need is a DB which can acommodate more detailed and flexible
entries.

grr.. what a mess.

-Suz