 Administrative / Database / 1850
Re: Problem solved! (was: Is there a problem with the Lugnet sets database search engine?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:54:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Dan Boger wrote:
   Seems to work for me - what specific query are you trying?

Hello Dan,

It works for me too, now. Why don’t I just kill myself...? ...for trying to look for sets that simply don’t exist and then complain about it not working! Stupid me; I simply made typo’s when I tried to get an overview of the 2005 X-pods; one of them carries set number 4413 and the other 3 sets start with 43xx, *not* 44xx as I was trying... ooops!

So, the query I kept trying was 4413,4437-4439 but should of course have been 4413,4337-4339 or one of the likes...

Thanks anyway & my apologies! I think I better get some rest first...

Erik B

If there’s a problem, first ask yourself this (from a technical POV):

-Is it the Machine? In this case: my computer?

-Is it the Material? In this case: the Lugnet software?

-Is it the (hu)Man? In this case: me, the user?

-Is it the Method? In this case: the application of the above means?

In this case it were the last 2 options, which gave me a 50% chance of it being the Machine and/or the Material...

...Next time I’ll ask myself these questions *before* I post such messages.

(Still, it makes me wonder why the Arachno X-pod has such a deviating set number? ;-)