 Administrative / Database / 1848
1847  |  1849
Subject:
Is there a problem with the Lugnet sets database search engine?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:24:16 GMT

Hi,

I happen to use Lugnet mostly because of it’s great database functionality and I became a member, mostly to be able to keep record of my own collection. Both this Lugnet sets database and Brickset.com (if I may add freely) are like the Yellow Pages to me when it comes to the LEGO®sets history and overview. But now I’m wondering if there’s a technical issue with Lugnet’s database search engine or if it is just me?

Explanation of my situation: When I wish to display a particular number of sets from the database on screen, I simply do what I always do which is typing the set numbers in the search field separated by ‘-’ and/or ‘,’ This, accordingly to http://guide.lugnet.com/set/

It has always worked for me but at this moment the Lugnet database comes up with either only one of the cluster of sets I’m searching for *or* with the message “no matches found”...?! So, I’m asking if it’s just me (my browser) or *is* there a technical problem? If it is a technical problem, I ask you -admins- kindly to fix it. But if there’s something wrong with my browser, could somebody please help me out a bit, ‘cause in that case I’m pretty much stuck...?

Thanks in advance!

Erik Boons (lurking member 1386)