 Administrative / Database / 1840
Re: Prices in the DB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:48:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
Throughout the DB, values in the price field should always reflect the original
MSRP of the FIRST YEAR of release. So, in a  case like this:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9725
we need to go back to the 1999 paper DACTA catalog and check the price there.

In following years, as the price rises, we can add notes about the change in the
public 'notes' field.

Occasionally, I have noted prices (for sets at least a few years old) that
looked like S@H prices. IIRC, S@H used to list an inflated (including shipping)
price, but recently (within the last year or two) switched to a 'plus shipping'
price scheme. I believe that the S@H catalog prices now reflect MSRP. If my
observation is correct, then some of the older prices in the DB are slightly
inflated from MSRP. This would be an issue with non-DACTA sets tho.

Ray