 Administrative / Database / 1827
1826  |  1828
Subject:
DB new sets & pictures: British service packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:10:27 GMT

I knew the Brit packs I've recently posted about sounded familiar. I'm including
a repost of my original notification about these sets.

Catalog scans of each set may be found here:

My original post about these sets is here (from 2001)
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/database/?n=1257

Clark

--- original post ---

I was looking through an olde catalouge of mine & discovered lots of info
not in the Lugnet Database. The catalouge is from Britain & called Let's
play with Lego 1971-1972 with a write-to address of British Lego Limited,
Wrexham, N.Wales. The catalouge is big, magazine size and 56 pages.

Here's the info I found. Remember these are british numbers, there may be
american equivalents. All text is quoted exactly from the catalouge (barring
typos by me). Group headings are from the catalouge. The groups are
graphically arranged & surrounded by borders. My comments are noted by
[brackets]. Abbreviations are described at the bottom of the list.

--------------------------[New sets]---------------------------

Lego Baseplates
700E - Baseplate 10 x 20 studs white-red-blue-yellow-green-grey [number &
text exact, graphic appears to show 10x20 bricks, not what we call baseplates]

Supplementary packs
409 - 38 slimbricks assorted sizes [circles R&W B&Y Gy&K, graphic shows side
view of 2x 3x 4x plates]
416 - 4 sixteens 2 twenties [what we call 2x8' s and 2x10's, circles R W B&Y]
421 - 2 eights 2 sixes 2 fours 8 twos 6 ones [new variety, DB lists this
pack as all 1x2's, bricks are all 1x, circles R W B Y Gy&K]
426 - 7 named beams [graphic shows 1x6 CAFE and 1x8 GARAGE, blue print on
white brick]
427 - 8 pieces 2 x 8 [graphic shows white plate, no circles]
428 - 5 pieces 4 x 8 [graphic shows white plate, no circles]
429 - 4 pieces 6 x 8 [graphic shows white plate, no circles]
430 - 6 trees and bushes [graphic shows flat tree]
[no #] - Holdall Storage Bag [graphic show tall draw-string duffle bag
decorated with house & Lego in big soft letters]
432 - 8 road signs [graphic]
433 - 6 street lamps [graphic]
434 - 50 lettered bricks [graphic show black print on white brick]
437 - 50 numbered bricks [graphic show black print on white brick]
442A - 6 international flags [number exact, graphic shows union jack on pn777 ]
445A - 8-stud lighting brick with improved plugs [number exact, graphic
shows light brick, cable holding brick pn3134, and two wires with blue plugs]
480 - 14 bevelled bricks [graphic shows only 2x4 regular slope & peak bricks
in colours R B, new set differs from DB]
481 - 21 bevelled bricks [graphic shows only 2x3 & 2x1 regular slope & peak
bricks in colours R B, new set differs from DB]
482 - 22 bevelled bricks [graphic shows only 2x2 regular slope & peak bricks
in colours R B]
483 - Angle valley and corner bricks [graphic shows only pn3045, pn3046 &
pn3048 in colours R B]
794 - Storage box [pic shows yellow plastic bin with central handle & dividers]

-----------------------[New Info]------------------------------------

Basic Sets
088 - [no name given] [category, no category listed in DB, pictured in same
group as 011,022,033,044,055,066, note 077 is NOT pictured but 070 is]

Legoland
680 - available later [ref, includes picture of model]
681 - available later [ref, includes picture of model]
682 - available later [ref, includes picture of model]
683 - available later [ref, includes picture of model]
345 - Modern house - [name]

Lego Baseplates
798 - Pair of bases 32 x 24 studs [name, graphic appears to show pn10]

Gears
800 - Gears, motor and bricks [name]
800 - Gears, and bricks [name]
800 - Gears only [name]

Dolls furniture
New for girls
260 - Dolls living room [date, name]
261 - Dolls kitchen [date, name]

Trains and accessories
127 - Complete train set with 3 waggons [name, listed in DB as "Lego Train Set"]

Motors
140 - Bricks'n Motor Set [text is exact, name, more info per DB request, pic
of box shown, box has 4.5V logo, shows a blue battery box connected to a
built model which sits on top of the open box, another motor can be seen in
the box, along with some other parts]
103 - Motor set, complete [name, pic of box with black motor, black battery
box, and light grey train base pn3058]
150 - 16 rails and 8 sleepers [quan]
151 - half circle of curved rails and sleepers [name, quan]
160 - Six magnetic couplings [quan]

Supplementary packs
400 - 4 wheels 2 axle bricks towbar and baseplate [name]
401 - 2 large wheels 2 axle bricks 1 towbar [quan]
402 - 3 turntables 2 baseplates 4 x 8 [quan, 4x8 is on a new line, it
appears to refer to the baseplates]
403 - 3 pairs of train couplings + 4 carriage wheels with two bearing bricks
[quan]
995 - Two 4 stud light bricks with colour filters and signs [name]
[plus several quantities of other packs don't match the quantity in the DB,
a list available upon request]

Some terms used by me:
Circles: small circles underneath description showing colours available,
note: some circles are filled with two colours indicated in these notes by
an ampersand ex. Gy&K,  these indicate a mixed box instead of a single
colour box
Colours: colours of bricks shown, see circle, abbreviated: Red White Blue
Yellow Gy-gray blacK