 Administrative / Database / 1487
Re: Set List Export?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:43:37 GMT

Even so, you can get your set list info into Excel fairly easily.

It seems to be a little known fact, but Excel, at least the Excel 97 and
Excel 2000 that I tried, can directly import table data from HTML pages.

I tried it with my Lugnet set list and got usable though not gorgeous
results. Here are the steps:

1. Navigate to your set list web page, e.g.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=1368 (replace 1368 with your
member Lugnet #).
2. Using Internet Explorer 5.0 and probably other versions, File > Save
As . . .
3. File Name: YourSetList.htm
4. Save as type: Web Page, HTML only
5. Press Save button
4. Start Excel (tested with Excel 97 and Excel 2000)
5. File > Open YourSetList.htm
6. Press Open button.

This gives some odd Web Page stuff in the spreadsheet, but there's a
nice grid with the data that you can touch up. If you know even a little
HTML, you can directly edit the .htm file in a text editor to remove
everything but the innermost <TABLE> before opening the .htm with Excel

Once in Excel, the data can be saved in many formats, including straight
CSV.

Now, if only I had a little script that grabbed my set list, and used
that
to iterate against Peeron inventories, I could have a master parts list
for my collection that would tell me at a glance which set box to look
in for
that obscure piece I'm looking for to finish my model . . . .

-Steve Barber

LUGNET Admin wrote:

In lugnet.admin.database, Shane Stephens writes:
Is is possible to export  a persons set list to a csv or anything?

Currently, no.
sorry.

-Suz