 Administrative / Curators / 87
Re: Curating loc.uk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:32:25 GMT

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:GunrLG.50q@lugnet.com...
Some of us had a little chat about the state of the loc.uk front page at
Jon's and Jon also brought it up in another place recently.  I think it
would be very useful if we had a curator and, having read up on FTX I am
just about willing to volunteer to take this on, however you should all • know
that 'I'm a railway engineer not a programmer dammit' and therefore it is
highly likely that there is someone out there better qualified.  Please • feel
free to step up if you are interested.

What do you all think?

1 - Should we have a curator?
2 - Does anyone else want to do it?

I think it's an excellent idea to get it (and keep) it updated. You have my
backing! We need a one-stop-shop for event information and links to past
event pictures, UK related links, perhaps even a regular members directory.

Lugnet is as good a place as any for this kind of stuff, and although I'm no
expert, FTX sound seem to be a good method of creating consistent looking
pages quickly. I personally am quite happy to have Lugnet as the 'centre' of
the UK AFOL online community, although I appreciate there is a need for
other facilities like our Yahoo group.

Huw