 Administrative / Curators / 442
Re: Please link to Clark's color pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:09:14 GMT

In lugnet.color, Steve Bliss wrote:
Please add a link on the Colors group sidebar to the Isodomos Color Tree Pages:
   http://isodomos.com/ColorTree

Possibly even provide a direct pointer to the cross-reference Color Tree Roots
page:
   http://isodomos.com/ColorTree/Roots

lugnet.color does not currently have a curator. (
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/curators/curators.cgi )It would be *great* if it
had one. Do you know of anyone that might be willing to volunteer? Perhaps you
could encourage them to drop the curator admins (Frank, Lenny, myself) a line?

Once it did, the request to add a link to the front page/sidebar would be
naturally directed to that person or persons. That would be my preferred
approach (securing a curator) rather than just editing in the change myself (by
temporarily giving myself curator or something)...

A lot of people seem to be unaware of this extremely useful resource.  Thanks to
Clark for maintaining it!

I agree. I keep forgetting myself! It is an extremely valuable resource.

I cross-referenced this request to admin.suggestions because I'd like to see a
higher-profile mention of the Isodomos Color Tree than a link in the colors
group.  IMO, it would be appropriate to mention this resource on the LUGNET
front page.

Steve

As to your other suggestion, I agree, it does sound like front page material.
I'll try to mention it in the proper circles if Todd doesn't act on it based on
just this post.

I Xposted to .suggestions and .curators because I don't think the discussion of
this should be confined to color (which your crosspost without FUT would do), in
fact I removed .color from the FUT since it's an administrative issue.