 Administrative / Curators / 389
Re: curatorship and curatorship attributes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:25:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.org.scibrick, Joe Meno wrote:

As for this thread, it would be a good idea to remove it. Felix has sent a note
to Todd to change SciBrick curatorship to me, but I haven't got any notes on
that.

Joe:

If you want, you can also send notes to Frank or myself, we can change
curatorships too. A note from Felix (copying you) at this point would clearly
document the desired transition.

I'll pass that on to Felix, thanks!

The way your post reads, it could be leaving the impression that you believe
there is a connection between post cancellation and curatorship.

If that's not a false impression, (and I apologise if it is) you should remember
that LUGNET is not a moderated system. For an entire thread to go away,
*everyone* in the thread needs to explicitly ask that their posts be cancelled.
Being curator of a group does not give you any power to edit or moderate
posts... merely a bully pulpit to try to influence your community in a positive
way.

Actually, this only reminded me about the curatorship.

But there's an element of truth in your thought though..I thought there was a
connection because of some past experiences where I posted in the wrong place
(announcements, as opposed to announcements/moc) and was promptly corrected by
the curator as to where I was supposed to post, at which point I complied, then
requested my original post be deleted, which it was. Given that there was only
me and the curator invloved at that point, it wasn't clear that *everyone* would
include anyone beyond the original poster and curator.

I don't have any plans of LUGNET curator domination:), so thanks for the
clarifications!

Joe

Xpost admin.curators and admin.general, XFUT curators