 Administrative / Curators / 367
Re: Curator change requests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 03:00:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Ross Crawford wrote:

Lar said:
You won't find mention of subgroups (being curator of .org, for example, means
that you're also curator of everything under .org),

Yep, unless the subgroup has a different curator, eg lugnet.loc.au.

Actually, no, at least not as I understand it. The addition of a subgroup
curator does not suppress the person who curates the supergroup.

Multiple people can be curator over the same group, and the curator of loc
(Joshua Delahunty, to be exact) would in normal circumstances have curatorship
of loc.au, even though a person has specifically been appointed for loc.au. They
SHARE the curatorship, unless special code is put in place to suppress it.

I make it a point to be careful not to inadvertantly change things for subgroups
that I know someone else has and I suspect other curators of groups with
subgroups do as well.