 Administrative / Curators / 353
352  |  354
Subject:
Curator change requests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:27:55 GMT

Hi all,

I've been itching to tell you all this for some time now... Frank Filz and
myself are now able to add and remove curatorships to groups. (we've both tested
the interface to do it, and it works fine)

Pursuant to this announcement:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=11096

...please start forwarding curatorship requests to Frank and myself.  We are
going through the back posts to this newsgroup looking for curatorship requests
but if we miss yours please let us know.

Not all requests will be automatically granted, and we do plan to consult with
each other about them before making changes, so it is best if you send your
request to *both* our emails, and include the following info:

- who you are, especially if there's a chance neither of us already know you
- what group or groups you seek curation of
- why you think you're a good fit, if you're not an obvious fit already.
- what groups you already curate, if any (this is so we don't accidentally
remove you from existing groups)
- what your LUGNET member number is

Wherever it makes sense, we would encourage multiple people to curate the same
group. (this requires manual coordination of changes, if two people have the
page open, last write wins) If for some reason you have a strong feeling about
working with someone else that would be a good thing to know.

Curating is fun and easy. FTX is a great medium to work in, and you'll be doing
a service to the community by helping shape and gather information in your
area(s) of interest.

Note also that we can also remove curatorships so if you need a change that way,
that's also something you can contact us about.

Involuntary removal is also possible but not something that would be undertaken
lightly.

Larry Pieniazek