 Administrative / Curators / 327 (-20)
  Re: A Change

(...) Such a system is in place. It's commonly referred to as the web interface. (...) Yet another reason to use the web interface. (...) What turned me off from newsreaders was the inability to track threads that cross from one newsgroup to (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) I've always kind of thought this was a bit harsh as well-- My own preference would be either more automated and/or voluntary. Effectively, a voluntary system would entail the default to be 'on', and if you want to turn off authentication, (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) I also like the fact that the parent group lists all the messages to it's child groups. My newsgroup program doesn't do that. -Orion (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) Yessssssss, an edit function would be so very useful! --==Richard==-- (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) The ruling elite eh! The oppression by the bourgeois will be over come by the new-unity & cooperation of the proletarian under-class! But seriously, a good majority of the readership on Lugnet are those who DON'T post and thus _their voices_ (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) I ToTaLlY agree! :) T'would be a good-incentive to join as well! (...) Don't worry, sometimes it takes a while to get heard! Thanx, --==Richard==-- (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message news:HEL3JA.14I0@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) I am a member and still have to verify my post. It is not dificult to do that, so i dont think it is a big problem. But It would be (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

Now a couple features I would love to see: - a page for members where they can see all their unauthenticated posts - being able to edit the post in the authentication screen (I could have used that ability to add this information to my previous post (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) Other shortcomings of the web interface: - doesn't keep track of read/unread posts very well - doesn't allow marking a post as unread (I do this all the time when I want to return later to the post to respond) - doesn't support built in spell (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

(...) My slight problem with the web interface is that I cannot use any of my signature/taglines without copy and pasting from an external source. I poat a suggestion to this fact about a week ago but have been ignored. I think this would be a good (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: A Change

Time for me to play devil's advocate... (...) At the risk of sounding elitist, I point out that the "citizens" of Lugnet are arguably the paying members. As a member who posts exclusively via the web interface, I have no knowledge of the difficult (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  A Change

.A Change ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ (Not so much a` BIG change, but a `SMALL improvement!) !An open letter to the Lugnet community and it’s creators: I'm proposing that a change take place in our lovely Lugnet community. Not a radical revolution, but simply just a (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.announce)

  Anyone up for some sweeping changes?

As curator of .build.mecha, it is my duty to keep the sidebar up to date, informative, and clean. The one thing I've really been neglecting is the clean part of my duties. I hope the changes I've made have alleviated that. I'd really appreciate (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: New curators added

Thanks Todd. I agree with Mr. Hein. Much Kudos. Ben (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: New curators added

(...) Hey, Todd! Thanks for the quick notification! Right now, I'm going to exchange a few ideas with Mr. Medinets, so the page should be ready to go within a few days at the most. Thank you and kind regards, <<_Matt Hein_>> Fellow lego enthusiast O (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: New curators added

Many thanks, Todd! Now perhaps I'll get off my @$$ and do the needed work to finish up the CW site and better prepare for possible newcomers... -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: New curators added

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks Todd! I just printed the FTX manual and will start updating as soon as time permits (hopefully this week). For the Swede's: Jag tänker länka till de som har hemsida och är aktiva i loc.se så posta gärna er URL här så jag (...) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: New curators added

(...) Thanks, Todd! (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: New curators added

(...) I hate 'me too' posts, but I'd like to thank you for the speedy response just as Mark did. I'll get to work on both pages a bit later in the week. -Dave (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: New curators added

(...) [snip] (...) [snip] Hey Thanks Todd :) I look foward to this! Mark P (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.admin.curators)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact