 Administrative / Curators / 163
Re: LegoMecha- Curator of .build.mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 08:20:41 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Dave Johann writes:
<snip>

Dave, this looks great! :-)  What a huge expansion of links! wow.
You obviously put in a lot of time. I love the links to searches and posts.

There's more to come as well. I just need to gather my notes a bit better and
.build.mecha will be a shining example of an informative Lugnet sidebar.

.. a couple suggestions, just to keep you guys thinking:

In case you feel like you want more room for content than the sidebar
comfortably allows, remember that you can make whatever new webpages you want
to under that URL, and link to them from the sidebar. You'd be curator of those
new pages too.

Making a page is as simple as typing in the URL you'd like the page to have,
and clicking the 'make this page' button.

For instance, you might want to make something like:

   http://news.lugnet.com/build/mecha/coolparts
(where you could keep an archive of parts previously highlighted)

Will do! I wasn't 100% sure how to do this, but it will work for what I've got
in mind.

or, http://news.lugnet.com/build/mecha/gallery
(to show off thumbnail images for some of the sites you mention)
kinda like this:
   http://www.lugnet.com/cool/site-215
   http://www.lugnet.com/cool/pastpicks-2000

Mhmmm....I like, I like....

or, maybe an illustrated FAQ. or whatever!

Already on the drawing board!

Thanks a lot for your effort. :-)
I'm glad this all got worked out.

-Suz