  Search Results: lego
 Results 2601 – 2620 of about 154000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Rights? I don't disagree with your fundamental assertions here, Mark -- but what exactly do you think happens when you post several detailed images of your stuff to the internet? Sure, maybe some people write to you and want either the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) A BETAMAX format video of the vid clips? eric (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:qrdd7f5cwad.fsf....uio.no... (...) I don't believe you missed anything. That was an assumption on my part of how much potential I believe this system to have. If indeed TLC comes (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

No, probably a Betacam SP format video tape. That's the most common (analog) professional video format. It uses Betamax form-factor tapes but the tape material, speed and format is completely different. KL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:G55qKL.6ou@lugnet.com... (...) It probably won't mean *any* piece, but I can imagine that a good assortment of the most desired pieces will be made available. It would be silly (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Uh. I was mostly joking. I haven't seen a BETAMAX tape since.... well, since the first place my family used to rent videos from, which was back in... crap. I dunno. '85? '86? I figured it was a marketing thing, though, since the main purpose (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

I am curious as to how they plan to do this. Of course it's already true to a large extent. KL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Only if you include your modification about selling it. BTW, where does the law stand if I buy a legitimate set of plans for a set. I then put together 10 copies of the set out of loose bricks I own and sell them. I'm I in the wrong? Is this (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) If that were what he was saying, I wouldn't care- in fact, I would agree with him. But it's not, and his response to me bears that out. (...) That's great for them. I really don't have a problem with these guys selling the sets, especially (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) And another word I hope they'll not overlook - Linux, Linux, Linux, Linux!! Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) At some level, you are correct, but there are definitely areas where you can run afoul of he law: - patents. There isn't any "fair use" type of clause for them - if you take a picture of your copy of someone else's MOC, and publish it, you may (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This reply/thread is for the posting of messages from people who believe that everyone's creations are theirs only, and must be paid for. Please post your replies HERE. (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Why not take this over to .debate?? -Tim (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This last one seems to me to be the most relevant in this case. If I sit down with my guitar and pluck out the beginning of "Enter Sandman", it would be completely ludicrous for Metallica to sue me for it - and if the law believes it is (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

I've been reading this thread with interest. The PC industry was created when Compaq reverse engineered the BIOS chip on the IBM PC back in the early 80's. All other components of the computer were bought from other sources. The only chip IBM (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Well said, Lars! That's it exactly! I think this is the stance most in the GoB take. If you'll recall, there have been people in the past who copied my first publicly sold model. That's fine by me, and I said so at the time, as they were doing (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I'm not sure this is completely true, inasmuch as the desirable parts have intrinsic value (contrast with highly desirable collectible stamps). I for one will always value train windows at a non zero amount, because I actually use them in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Warning, uninformed speculation ahead. That annoys some people (and their annoyance, in turn, bemuses others). (...) I think this is the very MOST that we can hope for and it is in fact a stretch. Although no one can say for sure, the probability (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) You "prize" the wrong thing, in my view. You prize the collectability of the thing, or the elitism of owning the thing, and not the thing itself. That seems pretty whacky to me, considering we are talking about plastic toys! -- Richard (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) You mistake the idea of appreciation with patronage -- and those are NOT the same thing at all. Did Michaelangelo serve as patron to Leonardo? An overblown example, but you get the point... -- Richard (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

lego
(score: 1.014)

More:  Next Page >>