Re: Brickfête - Canadian Lego Fan Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 20:23:24 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Chris Magno wrote:

The Brickfête Team

"A festival run by fans, made by the fans, for the fans."

Well as that tag line suggests... I would like to take a second to introduce the
Brickfête Team.

The event is being is organised by Jeff Van Winden, Chris Magno, deborah higdon,
Jen Van Winden and yours truly, Janey Gunning.

We are thrilled to announce what an awesome team of coordinators agreed to help
us...
Please welcome, Dave Koudys, Jude Beaudin, Simon Liu, Jeff Brundige, Iain Green
and Oliver Giesen. Also Sandy Koudys for up as head volunteer. We can not thank
the eight of you enough, for not only accepting our request for help but doing
so with enthusiam and full support.

We are all looking forward to working with each and everyone of you.

If anyone else has any interest in helping us out for a few hours, please get in
touch with us.

Janey "Red Brick"
Posted on behalf of The Brickfête Team
http://brickfete.com/volunteer.php

higdon
(score: 0.891)

new moc: sliding house
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:43:46 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

   much of 2009 was spent working on my newest house moc, a replica of an actual house in suffolk, england. the award-winning design of the sliding house features a motorized shell that moves over two buildings to create a variety of forms, living spaces and lighting possibilities. the owners - ross russell and sally morris - have a very detailed website http://therussellhouse.org> with floor plans and elevations which i used for scale and proportions, but i took some artistic license when i felt the need and desire. after finding my moc on flickr, they recently added some photos of my creation!

   many of the interior and exterior furnishings were published over the past few months on my flickr photostream.

many thanks to fellow lug member jason allemann for helping with the motorization, other members for loaning me pieces and to nelug member dave gwon for video of the moc in motion.

enjoy the set and/or video.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-

higdon
(score: 0.859)

new moc: the poetry of bees for the wunderkammer project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:30:55 GMT

i had the honour of being invited to participate in v&a steamwork’s wunderkammer project along with some very esteemed builders of the flickr community. i was asked to go beyond my building comfort zone and it was quite a challenge. historically, a cabinet of curiosities contained some very interesting artifacts. the size limit was one of the biggest challenges, never mind the subject content!

after some frustration, i came up with “the poetry of bees” (v&a steamworks’ title).

enjoy!

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-

higdon
(score: 0.854)

Re: WHaCKaLuG - October, Sunday the 18th.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2009 01:02:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Janey C. L. Gunning wrote:
   Hello everyone...

Its that time again... WHaCKaLuG dinner meeting!

Come one, come all. Please dont be shy. Anyone in area is welcome to come out and enjoy some Lego talk with other adult builders. Please feel free to bring along any works in progress or random lego items that may be of interest to the group. This month we will be showing our teacup challenge projects as well.

Date: 6PM on Sunday Oct 18th Place: Whale and Ale Pub @ 1120 Victoria Street North, Kitchener. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=sq&hl=en&geocode=&q=whale+and+ale+pub+kitchener&sll=43.536198,-80.252037&sspn=0.006984,0.017788&ie=UTF8&ll=43.495834,-80.449448&spn=0.055913,0.142307&z=13&iwloc=A&iwd=1&cid=8825454999449107170

Hope to see you there. Janey “Red Brick”

yay! i will be there, cause timing is everything. sorry, no teacup challenge project. but maybe something for the show and tell portion of the show! see y’all.

-§ deborah §-

higdon
(score: 0.844)

new moc: retro patio set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:57:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

   still building my current moc, but most of the furniture is done. this patio set was created when i received the life preservers in a recent order. for some reason, i had in my head an image of vintage patio chairs with large, round arms. but after searching google, i can’t find any pictures of them. maybe my imagination (or my memory) is playing tricks on me.

have a seat and enjoy.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-

higdon
(score: 0.838)