 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4475
new moc: sliding house
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 03:43:46 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

   much of 2009 was spent working on my newest house moc, a replica of an actual house in suffolk, england. the award-winning design of the sliding house features a motorized shell that moves over two buildings to create a variety of forms, living spaces and lighting possibilities. the owners - ross russell and sally morris - have a very detailed website http://therussellhouse.org> with floor plans and elevations which i used for scale and proportions, but i took some artistic license when i felt the need and desire. after finding my moc on flickr, they recently added some photos of my creation!

   many of the interior and exterior furnishings were published over the past few months on my flickr photostream.

many thanks to fellow lug member jason allemann for helping with the motorization, other members for loaning me pieces and to nelug member dave gwon for video of the moc in motion.

enjoy the set and/or video.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-