  Search Results: brad justus <10>10
 Results 1701 – 1720 of about 3900.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  UCS Tie canopy looks great after Brasso'ing

The UCX Tie canopy has a bunch of cheezy printing all over that doesn't look realistic and forces you to use it exactly for that. I used Brasso to clean all that off and now it looks great! It is really pretty in the trans-dark-gray. It goes nicely (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Esso Service Station

I really like the shape of that station. Too bad LEGO doesn't put out such a cool looking station now days (in mini-fig scale) Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message news:3A96E56D.594615...ich.edu... (...) (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  My School of Design and Architecture

This is my latest building: (URL) can also look at the raw photos on Brickshelf: (URL) is probably one of my strangest structures yet. LMKWYT (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

Thanks for the compliments. Josh Baakko <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G9AI29.G9v@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

Hi, You can get those in the Y-wing (in the Tie/Y-Wing set). They are part of the engines. A while back, this was on sale as a "combo" back for 1/2 price at Toys R Us. I haven't used too many parts from that set until now. Actually, that set appears (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

Thanks. I agonized for quite a long time on how to attach the horizontal pieces. At one point, I was designing an all-technic frame around which I was going to wrap all the bricks. Finally, I realized that I didn't need all that complexity (and (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

Thanks, I'm surprised that people like it so much. When it was about 2 stories high, it looked increadibly cool, but it seemed to get less so as it grew to full size. I'm reasonably satisfied with the result, but I think I still prefer the other (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

Thanks, I actually tried a variety of structural elements within that empty space, but they all seemed to weaken the artistic impact of the structure. There is something about that enclosed empty space that seems to really make the building. Kyle (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

Actually, I just realized that another 1x4x6 "juniorized" black panel I had was non-LEGO today. Brian taught me how to look. If it doesn't say LEGO on the studs then its not LEGO. This sounds obvious, but this particular piece really looked like a (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

That's a brasso'd canopy from the UCS Tie Fighter. It looks like CRAP in the stock configuration, but when you Brasso off all the hokey looking gray printing on it, it looks really fantastic! This set was on sale at TRU a while back for $80 or (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

Hmm - I don't have that set, so there must be yet another source for the other two that I have. I'll have to think about it a bit. Rick Hallman <Griffon_Industries@...emove.com> wrote in message news:G9ArCD.9z5@lugnet.com... (...) them (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Droid Escape Tank Car

That's looks pretty good. I've been using this set like crazy in my town stuff and i've seen the castle guys using it as well. I've bought at least 10 so far. This is such a wonderful set for such a cheap price! I'm so happy LEGO came out with it. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

Now I remember where I got the others. The small UFO flying saucer had a couple of these. Bradley Dale <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:G9AK4H.JM7@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

I've been trying to build a dual one (i.e. a gate on each side of the rails), but I keep having trouble keeping the sides in synch. If I use two motors, they seem to turn at slightly different rates so the gates don't line up after a while. I tried (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Stingray MOC !

Wow, That's one of the neatest small craft I've ever seen. Have you tried putting a minifig in it? Stefan Noll <orchideenmike@t-online.de> wrote in message news:G9B61z.9xL@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.aquazone)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Success Ratio

I rarely throw something completely out. Usually, I'll start to throw together a facade or something with a few bricks and windows on the floor. This is the point where I may go through several designs and throw stuff out. At this point, only about (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: 'Model City' building contest in India

That looks interesting. Has anyone seen larger pictures of those cities? They look highly detailed, but don't seem big enough to be mini-fig scale. Suzanne D. Rich <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:G9Axp3.Lwt@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Pictures from my trip to Legoland, Billund 2000

Hey - They actually appear to have some mini-fig scale stuff! How much is mini-fig based? I just saw that one building that looks like a big airport or something (except its not because there are no planes). Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.general)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Re: Castle architecture

www.greatbuildings.com has a few castles Mike Rosulek <mjr@powersurge.net.nospam> wrote in message news:G9A8A0.K9w@lugnet.com... (...) My (...) <set:6066> (...) to (...) it'll be (...) the way (...) castles (...) castles (...) directory (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

brad
(score: 1.198)

  Is 6776 Ogel Control Center available?

The S&H catalog shows it as being available, but its not clear if it is really in stock yet. Does anyone know when it will be available if its not already? thanks (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

brad
(score: 1.198)

More:  Next Page >>