  Search Results: brad justus <10>10
 Results 1421 – 1440 of about 3900.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) week. (...) They sent the cypress trees on Monday and I received them Wednesday. They sometimes (usually?) tell me when they have a low stock of something that I order, so I assumed that they had some more left. Did anybody else order some (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(part 0) As you can see from the webcams: (URL) is in the room, synopsis to follow in this thread (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes: [snipped unimportant stuff] (...) I totally agree. :) Maybe I'm in the minority, but this is the point that totally surprised me. I don't keep close tabs on lugnet.trains, or maybe I would have (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) I didn't say they said anything of the kind. I think I am allowed to characterize their actions in whatever manner I care to; just as you are allowed to pose inane, well-known, trick questions. I am going to guess that very few people imagined (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Actually, technically I think a locomotive can be a train. Normally, anything running on the mainline is a train, whether it is a single locomotive, or a locomotive pulling a number of cars. On the other hand, the Super Chief is the name of a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

"Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:Gzq9tA.E90@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) things we (...) those (...) the (...) they (...) of (...) I think it was in Larry's transcription of the Q&A/Brad's talk that there was mention of (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Right On!!! That means "extra" pieces!!! Purchasing Mulitple copies = multiple clear macaroni pieces!!! extra grey Slopes, and other details... plus, this is an awesome addition to the MOC program, since this set is "lovingly" created by Lego (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Asked and answered, see .trains where this topic has been discussed at length. You may call it the LEGO(r) "Santa Fe Super Chief" if you want, but you'd be just as wrong as they are on this minor point. I can start calling it TSINSFSC if you (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Huh. When I look up 10020 on shop.lego.com, it tells me that the set is named "Santa Fe Super Chief". So it seems it would be inaccurate to refer to 10020 as anything else. Steve [FUT lugnet.nitpick, if it existed] (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

It was a rhetorical question. Present audience excepted, but if the shoe fits, wear it. I'm sorry I got into this. The thing that gets me angry is whingers who reason like "it's so easy, X must be stupid for not doing it." (example: molding parts.) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

Larry, You're a gentleman and a scholar for performing this service to all of us who couldn't make the trip. Many, many thanks. And thanks to all in attendance who provided such evocative questions! Cheers, -Gil (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) It was also posted to lugnet.admin.general, if you look more carefully. It should've been a FUT, not an Xpost, but it *is* the right place for this sort of thread... --Bill. (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

This all comes down to "Wah, I can't have what I want". I wonder, who are the adults and who are the children here? In the light of "promises" from LD that didn't come to pass after several years (massive bulk program), and evidence that LD is not (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) "Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe" The full name of the Sante Fe railway, but means the same as "Sante Fe". -John (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Yes, we are hanging on every byte:-) -John (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) You did? I called a week or two ago and was unable to order any. (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) just to add to the discussion, Lego Direct's business plan is to never (unless ABSOLUTELY required) to develop new molds. It saves on development costs, and thereby increasing the overall bottom-line for TLC. Ben (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Heck yeah, that helps a bunch! The whole thing just had me baffled and I was worried that I was just having a dumb spell! hehheh (Hey, it happens) I'm glad to know that I'm just not versed in "train" speak and not getting senile! Thanks Lar (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Hmm. I didn't intend it to be a statement of your character - I've seen enough of your posts to know you're intelligent enough to see it for exactly what it was - "a famous trick question". I was highlighting, admittedly in an oblique way, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

brad
(score: 0.284)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes: part 7 (that queston continued longer than I thought) Robin: There is a sense of Awe and Admiration within LEGO for what adults are able to achieve with the product. Brad: the more you can do the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

brad
(score: 0.284)

More:  Next Page >>