Re: What is this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 06:05:04 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what this is:
It is on the back of that great castle.
I can see a face and some limbs (?) with blood here:

I am curious.

Jaco

It's an in-progress assembly of a giant statue of someone who has been
crucified.  I assumed that it was Jesus when I saw it, but the builder, Steve
DeCraemer (SP?) told me that it was open to interpretation, and could be anyone
who had been crucified.

David

steve, decraemer
(score: 1.456)

Subject:
Really dark , dark room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:13:14 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Ok, If your planning on bringing something to the dark room for brickfest please
let me know. I want to print the moc cards out on neon paper and would like a
head up.  For those late comers, let me explain.  The room will be divided in
half.  One half as dark as safely possible for mosc that are self lit (led lego
lights). The other half will be lit with black light for mocs built
incorporating trans neon orange, yellow, and green, elements, and lets not
forget the glow in the dark stuff like ghost and such.  The room is totally open
theme so please let your imagination run wild with this!!!!!

Thanks,
Steve DeCraemer

steve, decraemer
(score: 1.454)

Subject:
A few pictures, 2 short video clips : Brickfest 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:10:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi, everybody!

I finally got around to publishing a few of the photos I took at Brickfest this year... everything was so amazing but I spent so much time talking with people that I hardly got to take any pictures!

I thought folks might want to see these videos:
· Steve DeCraemer destroying his best-of-show model city/castle/Jesus thing (1 minute, 15MB, avi).
· Following a ball through the Great Ball Contraption (3 minutes, 47MB, avi).

You might also get a kick out of Jake’s trendy new glasses :)

15 or so somewhat random photos:

It was great seeing everyone again! (and meeting so many more of you for the first time!) I can’t wait to see what everyone cooks up for next year.

Sean
seankenney.com

steve, decraemer
(score: 1.441)

Subject:
catapault target offerd up.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 01:06:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

  At the end of this years brickfest I was planning on tearing apart my moc and
taking it home in buckets and bags, but I think I have a better (more fun) idea.
I'm going to invite those of you who bring catapaults for the catapault
compitition to go at it.  So at 3:45 Sunday, as the public event is drawing to a
close, pull up a table and start lobbing.  The only thing I ask is that you
don't pitch anything that would be heavy enough to crack or break the bricks
themselves.  And no I won't tell you what I'm building, but will tell you that
you'll have fun bringing it down.

Steve DeCraemer

steve, decraemer
(score: 1.435)

Subject:
Dark Room @ Brickfest is still on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:28:39 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

No this has not gone away.  The room with black light and a dark section for
self lit mocs is still on and since we dumped the idea of it being a themed room
it means the skies the limit. (so yes Larry you can bring a piece of straight
track with a self lit train on it).  Drag out those tran clear neon elements
that you never thought you would have a use for and start building. I'm not
expecting everyone to build huge things for this, but if everyone brings a
little something I think it will be cool.

Thanks
Steve DeCraemer

steve, decraemer
(score: 1.435)