  Search Results: Mosaic MOC
 Results 6 – 10 of about 25000.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

Subject:
post Easter lull in sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2016 13:57:45 GMT

No LEGO in Superstore flyer this week.  Walmart Flyer has full price LEGO.

-----

TRU has a 10 day flyer, good April 1-10.

No LEGO (even at full price) in the flyer, but they do have a LEGO Minifigure
Trade in event on Saturday April 2.  "Bring in any LEGO Minifigure from home and
trade it in for a new LEGO CITY Minifigure!"

from toysrus.ca/events:
"LEGO® Minifigure Trade-In Event
Looking to trade-in one of your LEGO minifigures?
This Saturday, go to your local Toys"R"Us store and look for the associates
wearing the LEGO Minifigure badge. Trade-in* your own LEGO minifigure for a
brand new LEGO City minifigure.
*Limit one LEGO minifigure trade per customer. While quantities last.
Minifigures may vary by store."

-----

S@H has the Dimensions team and level packs on sale.  The fun packs are back to
full price.

Gail Meagher
Halifax - soon to be home of Canada's largest LEGO mosaic at the Discovery
Centre.

mosaic
(score: 1.395)

Subject:
LEGO themed fundraiser at Discovery Centre
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ns.hal
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:07:33 GMT

http://thediscoverycentre.ca/explore/special-events

The Discovery Centre is bringing in Robin Sather (who helped me get in on the find of the decade back in the mid 90s) to help build Canada’s largest LEGO® Mosaic Wall. All proceeds from this event will go towards the New Discovery Centre (scheduled to open later this year).

March 30th 5:00 – 8:00 pm

It will continue (without Robin, but with myself and NovaLUG people) weekends in April.

The Discovery Centre is located on Barrington in Downtown Halifax. The building started out as a Zellers, was ‘The Misty Moon’ bar when I was younger, and is now the Discovery Centre (for a bit longer). It looks like the large grey building in the centre.

Gail Meagher Halifax

mosaic
(score: 1.393)

Subject:
Mosaic Maker fixed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Sun, 31 May 2015 11:15:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

All,

unfortunately with the recent server move I did not realize that the Mosaic
Maker (http://www.lugnet.com/cad/mosaic/) was broken in the process.

Luckily there are folks out there who eventually let me know - so I was able to
identify the missing pieces of software and get it back to work again.

If you recently tried to mosaic a picture and still receive errors, it may be
that the picture is still cached. I have not figured out how to reliably clear
the cache yet, so recommendation is to temporarily retry with a different
picture URL.

Enjoy,

Jerry

mosaic
(score: 1.346)

Re: Getting your MOC's to shows?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:27:51 GMT

Hi Dave & Stacy,

I've been to BrickFest '06 (in my backyard) and I've driven to Brickworld (12
hours in small SUV).

I'll start one step ahead of your questions.  I go out of my way to create MOCs
that are built-to-show.  In BF'06 I made a mosaic.  It traveled just fine, flat
in my car.  For BW'07 I built the World Trade Center and planned it so that each
module fit into it's own box.  Both were very "simple" MOCs without a lot of
loose pieces, individual minifigs, etc.  So when a part broke off, it was realy
easy to spot it and put it back.  And upon arriving at the show, my setup time
was about 5 seconds, whereas many other people (those crazy train folk) were
going at it for hours.

How much to bring?  As little as possible that you can enjoy showing off and
still have fun.  If you're driving to Brickworld, as I did, you must know that
you'll be spending at least a couple hundred dollars on Lego when you're there.
All this stuff has to fit into your car.  I drove to BW'07 with a nearly empty
SUV, just 3 boxes for my MOC, and drove back PACKED TO THE BRIM.  Much of it was
my own, for my BrickLink store.  But I also carried back shopping bags for 3
others.  So take just a little bit of MOCs with you.

I haven't flown.  I drove 13 hours to Chicago specifically because I love my MOC
and my Lego.  Next time I'll try to ride-share with someone so I don't have to
drive 12 hours straight.

I hope to see you at BrickFair!
Todd

mosaic, moc
(score: 1.312)

Subject:
Sliding Puzzle - NOTW Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 01:42:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I really enjoyed this post about mosaic kits and a LEGO sliding puzzle design:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=3647

As a Christmas gift for my daughter I built a slightly larger sliding puzzle design which completely covers a standard square green baseplate. Since she will display the puzzle most of the time, I didn’t like having the blank square which allows the pieces to slide. So I built a non interlocking filler which is inserted for display.

When she wants to actually play with the puzzle the filler piece is popped out.

Jumper plates were used in several spots to help smooth out the text shape. This wasn’t always possible along the edge of each 6 x 6 module, but it did help in other areas.

Keep building!

John Cooper

P.S. The NOTW logo is from a Christian themed clothing company with a teen/young adult market. The brand is very popular in Southern California. I’m not sure if they are marketed across the country and internationally or not.

www.notw.com

mosaic, moc
(score: 1.310)

More:  Next Page >>