  Search Results: Gerhard Istok
 Results 21 – 25 of about 1900.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

Re: For Sale... LEGO Chevrolet Truck/Wagon Collectors Guide...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:57:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
The Unofficial LEGO Chevrolet Truck/Wagon Collectors Guide is now finally
finished, after many months of research!  :)

For only $6.95 for the 50 page 70 photographs, 115 images guide (download only,
no shipping, no Customs!)...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91101

Cheers,
Gary Istok

As is always the case... folks at the last minute sent me a deluge of additional
pictures to add to the guide.... hehehe... so now the guide is going from 50
pages to over 65 pages! :)

Collectors Guide will go out tomorrow!

Thanks all! :)

Gary Istok

gerhard, istok
(score: 1.984)

Subject:
LEGO Finland.... from a cow barn to a LEGO model after 50 years!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 00:22:43 GMT

For those of you with my LEGO DVD/download, you may have gotten to the very end
of the document, to Chapter 73, the chapter on LEGO Sales By Country...

One of the more interesting stories thre was about how LEGO was established in
Finland in 1959.  There were toy import restrictions in Finland (as there were
in Norway), so TLG had to find a local businessman to produce LEGO there.

The Finnish toy restriction was not as harsh as that in Norway, but 70% of a
toys contents had to be produced there when Finland started LEGO sales in 1959.

They got a businessman by the name of Boris Strømsholm to set up shop in a town
not too far from Helsinki.  This small hamlet was called Bemböle, and it was on
the outskirts of Finland's 2nd largest city... Espoo.

Boris Strømsholm's little LEGO factory was in what they call a "cow house"...
but we would label a barn.  So from 1959 until about 1962 70% of LEGO made for
the Finnish market were produced in this little barn in the hamlet of Bemböle
(which translates to "Idiotsville" :) ).  The other 30% of LEGO parts... the
specialty parts, were imported from Denmark.

Here is a photo of Boris and the barn from a Finnish magazine article from a few
years ago...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/9705470580/sizes/l/

Now ordinarily, that would be the end of the story, since 55 years have passed,
and Boris is most certainly no longer alive.  However, when it comes to LEGO...
it is indeed a small world! ;)  Back in 2008 a toy museum in Helsinki was doing
a 50 years anniversary of the famous bottom tube patent of 1958, and a Finnish
AFOL was asked to make a model of the infamous "Finnish LEGO Cow House"!

So here is a link to his story and his model, and the story about that cow
house, and winter/summer photographs of how this first Finnish LEGO facility
looks after 55 years!

http://l-rides.com/kuvat/creations/cow-house.htm

It's funny how history comes full circle!

Just another new anecdote from my 3000 page 2012 DVD/download.... :)

Cheers,
Gary Istok

gerhard, istok
(score: 1.983)

Subject:
LEGO Dowager Edith Kirk Christiansen turns 90 in May...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:28:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Grande Dame of LEGO, Dowager Lady Edith Kirk Christiansen, mother of Kjeld,
widow of the late Godtfred Kirk Christiansen, and daughter-in-law of the late
Ole Kirk Chistiansen... turns 90 years old on May 29, 2014.

I was doing my due diligence in putting together a new chapter on the LEGO
founding family for my LEGO collectors guide (DVD download) upgrades, when I
stumbled onto this little known fact.

Although Edith has been in the background in the world of LEGO... she is
definitely a treasure of the history of the LEGO brick, loved by all who know
her in the Billund LEGO HQ.

So 2014 is the year of Edith Kirk Christiansen... may she live to be 100...

Photo of Edith in 2013 along with her daughter Gunhild Kirk Johansen and
son-in-law Mogans Johansen....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/11612033765/sizes/o/

Christiansen statistics:

Christiansen Statistics....
Godtfred Kirk Christiansen....
Born: July 8, 1920 ....in Billund
Died: July 13, 1995 ....in Billund

Edith Nørregaard Knudsen (Christiansen)....
Born: May 29, 1924 ....in Vindblaes

Godtfred and Edith were married on Oct. 29, 1944.

Gunhild was born in 1946, and Kjeld in 1947.

Edith has been around during the entire evolution of the LEGO building toy...
from when her family was just a middle class Danish family... thru the years of
evolving to millionaire status in the early 1960s, and later billionaire status
by the 1990s!  Her descendants are now worth nearly $10 billion!

Cheers,
Gary Istok

gerhard, istok
(score: 1.983)

Subject:
For Sale... LEGO Chevrolet Truck/Wagon Collectors Guide...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 00:02:32 GMT

The Unofficial LEGO Chevrolet Truck/Wagon Collectors Guide is now finally
finished, after many months of research!  :)

For only $6.95 for the 50 page 70 photographs, 115 images guide (download only,
no shipping, no Customs!)...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91101

Cheers,
Gary Istok

gerhard, istok
(score: 1.983)

Re: New LEGO 1:43 Chevrolet Collectors Guide (1952-57)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2014 08:32:47 GMT

Finished the title page artwork for the LEGO Chevrolet 1:43 Collectors Guide
with all the LEGO logos used at that time for the boxes and catalogs...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/11984604735/sizes/l/

Cheers,
Gary Istok

gerhard, istok