 General / 56161
56160  |  56162
Subject:
LEGO Dowager Edith Kirk Christiansen turns 90 in May...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:28:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Grande Dame of LEGO, Dowager Lady Edith Kirk Christiansen, mother of Kjeld,
widow of the late Godtfred Kirk Christiansen, and daughter-in-law of the late
Ole Kirk Chistiansen... turns 90 years old on May 29, 2014.

I was doing my due diligence in putting together a new chapter on the LEGO
founding family for my LEGO collectors guide (DVD download) upgrades, when I
stumbled onto this little known fact.

Although Edith has been in the background in the world of LEGO... she is
definitely a treasure of the history of the LEGO brick, loved by all who know
her in the Billund LEGO HQ.

So 2014 is the year of Edith Kirk Christiansen... may she live to be 100...

Photo of Edith in 2013 along with her daughter Gunhild Kirk Johansen and
son-in-law Mogans Johansen....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/11612033765/sizes/o/

Christiansen statistics:

Christiansen Statistics....
Godtfred Kirk Christiansen....
Born: July 8, 1920 ....in Billund
Died: July 13, 1995 ....in Billund

Edith Nørregaard Knudsen (Christiansen)....
Born: May 29, 1924 ....in Vindblaes

Godtfred and Edith were married on Oct. 29, 1944.

Gunhild was born in 1946, and Kjeld in 1947.

Edith has been around during the entire evolution of the LEGO building toy...
from when her family was just a middle class Danish family... thru the years of
evolving to millionaire status in the early 1960s, and later billionaire status
by the 1990s!  Her descendants are now worth nearly $10 billion!

Cheers,
Gary Istok