 Znap / 270
269  |  271
Subject:
2 New GBC modules: a ZNAP ferris wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:49:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello gang!

Here is finally a working GBC module ferris wheel made out of ZNAP.
After many reflexions, I wanted to put at a good use some of my ZNAP pieces.
I was thinking for quite a while on how to use a ferris wheel for the GBC.

The unloading part is easy, but the loading part gave me some work to do...
Then I got the idea of dropping the balls vertically onto the baskets. It works
at about 90% which is just good enough to have a good try.
I displayed it last weekend in the JFF in Charlottetown, PEI
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=235498>

It worked twice for 5 hours in a row. (WAY too long! but quite a test for the
modules). The balls missing the baskets went on the floor sometimes and the kids
were always enjoying collect them and put them back into the circuit...

The way I use the orange tower was the solution I chose in order to use the
Ferris wheel. I would prefer to build a different "feeding" method, but it takes
time!!!

Enjoy the movie (poor quality)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legomotive/NovaLUG-shows/PEI/gbc-movie1.avi

The second module is a simple one, yet 100% reliable! A track on the bottom of
the entry basket,
and a serie of rotating technic plate 1x5
<http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2711>
The sloping angle can vary, but it can't climb on a high angle. In the position
it is in, ther is never 2 balls climbing together, even if there is lots of them
coming in at the same time.

Enjoy this movie:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Legomotive/NovaLUG-shows/PEI/gbc-movie2.avi

I realize that I will have to take more and better pictures...

LMKWYT, JM