 Znap / *217 (-40)
  Re: Znap overhead monorail

Excellent Job, Ray! I love how you make use of the technic double bend beams that most builders avoid. I see great possibilities for this project. Heck, it almost makes me want to dig out my atempted Znap monorail and re-work it. -Dave Johann LUGNET (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Znap overhead monorail

This is a prototype of a Znap overhead monorail. The car (only one for now) is a gondola style, hanging under the overhead rail. I went thru several iterations of design for the traveling carriage (along the overhead rail) before settling on this (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Znap Monorail

In our last ParLUGment meeting, I presented my little monorail train using znap pieces for the rail. (URL) photos are a little bury due to my shaky hand. I already tried to sharpen them a bit. It all started at the end of the previous ParLUGment (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.znap, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  Re: ZNAP availability

Update - the motorized sets are gone but plenty of the hard case sets at $7.97. (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: znap bridges for trains

That is some really nice stuff! I'd never thought of trying ZNAP for bridge structures?!? I guess I've been on Technic/Basic bandwagon for so long and expecting parts through LDirect. Huuummm . . . I just might give ZNAP a try :-) Adrian "Robin (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: znap bridges for trains

(...) Here is two of my bridges at a GFLTC Show: (URL) here is one of the biggest at a PNLTC Show: (URL) on... Robin W. Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP availability

FYI Update. 3571 sets (with motor), 3551 and hard box sets #? all available at National Wholesale Liquidators in Yonkers NY (off I87) for $7.97!!!! That's less than the $9.99 closeout at TRU (now long gone). There were at least 20+ 3571's on the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.znap)

  The Znap-Wing (MOC)

(URL) don't really have much to say about this, except that its a spaceship with wings made of Znap. Go see it! (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.znap)

  Availability

General FYI - National Liquidators - off I87/Central Ave (Cross County, Yonkers) just north of NYC still has tons of ZNAP - including the hard case and motorized kits. The larger kits run about $15 though they periodically are 50% off. This is a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: About bumble bees

(...) If they are the ones I'm thinking of, 3571 has them. Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.db.inv)

  About bumble bees

Who can tell me which Znap set includes "bumble bees" pieces, it is a little rotatable connector. (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.db.inv)

  Cheap LEGO at BiWay

I found two small sets at Biway (401 Kent Street W, Lindsay Ontario) today. They are <set:3501 ZNAP Car/Glider> and <set:3504 ZNAP Truck/Plane> Their price stickers said $2.99, but they actually cost only $1.70 each. I like the transforming. I plan (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Alll gone.....

(...) Yup -- just found a hard-case version at a Ross this weekend (like Marshalls/TJ Maxx) here in the SF Bay Area. Santa brought a Mindstorms set this Xmas, so I'm looking to Znap for some cool robotics parts... // Mike (23 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Alll gone.....

(...) Try Marshalls and TJ MAXX as well as Big Lots/Odd Lots or other discount chain. That's were I found some with motors! And a hard case version. Now if my wife would only let me buy more.... (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Alll gone.....

It seems that all the close out ZNAPS are gone from the local (metroNY) TRU's. There are still some at a National Liquidator near Cross County Center in Yonkers. Ironic as my 5 year old has been obsessing on them. One of the kindergarten teachers (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap's 200th message.!..

(...) I'm pretty sure it's sold out everywhere around me. I would not be surprised to hear it's sold out most everywhere. For those not wanting the special Znap elements, the sets were a great way to acquire cheap motors. Also, for those not wanting (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap's 200th message.!..

(...) Because it was never meant to be sold in North America. It only showed up in TRU because they needed to dispose of an extremely large inventory of extra sets, so they did what they often do with leftover European sets.. sell it to a US chain (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Znap's 200th message.!..

I posted this for 3 reasons: 1.) I hated looking at that "199". It was like looking at a rock on the edge of a cliff and thinking "why can't it just fall or get away from the edge?" 2.) I found the Znap set in the carrying case for 15 U.S. Dollars. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP survey

(...) I'm not sure I can be of much help, but here's my two studs' worth. Caution: long post ahead. Most of my integration is based on 'hanging' other assemblies on with Technic clips and axles. The problems I usually encounter stem from the scale (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP survey

(...) Would you be willing to share some of your techniques? I for one have a large amount of ZNAP and plan to use it, but haven't gotten around to doing the detailed investigations to determine all the possible interconnect mechanisms. Basically, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP survey

(...) I can't generate too much, since I have a much as I can use - 65+ black racers, and at least 1, most times 2+, every other Znap set available. But the line, although expired, still has not been fully explored. There are always new uses for any (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP survey

Here is a sort of informal survey (an exit poll if you will :-) concerning ZNAP sets: Who, if anyone, can still generate enthusiasm for the ZNAP line? What disposition of their materials do you recommend to the current owners of ZNAP sets? Is it (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP's

Seems I created a slight problem in donating ZNAP's to the local Kindergarten classes after pilfering the motors. They have become quite popular and are making it onto a number of Christmas lists - a small local boom in consumer interest - for (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion

"Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:G4EnC7.4Et@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Znap (...) from Germany in about 1994; it had an image of the "New" at the time DUPLO trains, and I remember thinking how cute they were. Is (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Re: Perpetual Duplo Motion

Tony, This is pretty ingenious! I really like how the train moving the lever makes the button on the battery box get pressed. :-) A neat mechanical solution. -Andy Lynch In lugnet.trains, Tony Hafner writes: <snip> (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Perpetual Duplo Motion

Heh- sorry about the wide distribution, but this fits into a lot of categories. I have a new creation up on my site, a device for defeating the timer on the Duplo battery trains. This uses Duplo Trains, Technic, and a critical Znap part. I call it (...) (24 years ago, 22-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.build) !

  Re: The Giant Wheelbot

(...) Tobbe, The current version I have has 2 motors but it is not strong enough to twist the structure left or right. I do like the gear system you have on yours and maybe it is a question of insufficient torque to twist it around so I may have to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.fun)

  Re: The Giant Wheelbot

(...) Yep, I made this in May '00 I reccon and as the page declares, it didn't work to good :) (...) LOL! (...) I haven't really though of it much since the version on the web. My hopes was that the wheel could be divided in two halfs and to have (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.fun)

  Re: The Giant Wheelbot

(...) Tobbe, That is amazing ! I had no idea someone else was working on a wheelbot/ wheeliebot. And it looks like we both started out on the same path. I have a similar lattice structure to yours using just Technic parts but as mentioned it was (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.fun)

  Re: The Giant Wheelbot

(...) (URL) least you got yours working :) /Tobbe (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.fun)

  Re: The Giant Wheelbot

(...) KK, Great work! I can't wait to see it turn one day... Great idea :) I think I'll try one with my Znaps? Robin W GFLUG (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.fun)

  Re: The Giant Wheelbot

Hey, a fresh idea! Very cool job! -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Quah" <kquah1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:G3vqGA.4Ap@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.fun)

  The Giant Wheelbot

After some initial stops and starts, I finally finished my Giant Wheelbot MOC made from Znap, Technic and the RCX. I was inspired to create this after I had finished a ferris wheel for my son but could not quite get the wheel structure right with (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.znap, lugnet.fun) !!

  ZNAP sets

For general information, it seems that Toys R Us in the Metro NY area (and elsewhere I suspect, by recent Ebay listings) has had a large number of Znap sets on clearance. The motorized sets are running $9.97 with others for $4.50 and $.97. There's a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Where can I buy Znap?

I found some of Znap is very good, like 3571, 3591, does anyone tell me where I can buy them? Zhengrong (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: My impression of Znap

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.200009...lserver... (...) I have done just that with 5 3591s. If you're looking for bulk ZNAP parts see: (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: My impression of Znap

(...) Me too ;-) My ZNAP history stated with a few Dino Jets (3551) from a Toys'R'Us sale (I think I got them from less than 1 US$ apiece), but last week I bought a Hover-Sub (3552) for the included motor to expand my Mindstorms parts... The it (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: My impression of Znap

>There is some compatibility with Technic and I will save the pieces for >those impossible occasions when I just cannot find a good way to do >something. >At any rate, I was pleased with my onsale purchase. I was disheartened by a previous (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.znap)

  My impression of Znap

I purchased Znap 3591, 3571, and 3552 for the purpose of gleaning the motors and wiring from the sets. I was pleased to find a few gears, axles, and pins as a bonus. I thought I would take a shot at building some of the models before trashing the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP newsgroup

(...) I spoke out of turn, my apologies. It's up to the author to make any announcements if and when. Till then, never mind. ++Lar (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.znap, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact