 Year / 2006 / *49 (-5)
Re: 5 years ago - The day we all came together - 9/11/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:22:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie wrote:

it’s only too bad it didin’t stay that way. hopefully that will change sometime soon.

god bless america ondrew

Subject:
5 years ago - The day we all came together - 9/11/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:07:37 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Re: pics of 4896, and other new sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 20:34:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl wrote:
8285 - drooooooool
4896 isn't bad either

Now I just have to hope that every single bley piece in them can be
replaced with grey or some other color...

Heh. At 1000steine, they discussed this very issue a while back. I think they
determined that the 4896 came down to a single element that was too new to be
available in the original gray. It's the 1x2 plate with side rod of 2004. See
the handle of glove-compartment in this close-up:
http://www.1000steine.de/temp/4896-1.jpg
It was pointed out that the element could be swapped for black or that a
slightly different element be used. Their post:
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?&u=http://www.1000steine.de/forum2/forum_entry.php%3Fid%3D1282
(Cut and paste the URL to see the page translated roughly into English)

LEGO retail stores here in Massachusetts got the 4896 sets in stock last week
(Wednesday?) but I have yet to swing by and purchase the set for myself.

-Suz

Re: pics of 4896, and other new sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 15:52:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Suzanne Rich wrote:
   I’m not sure how widely viewed the pics are of this year’s yet-to-be-available sets. So, I apologize if this is really old imagery to some of you. But, as I’ve been gathering pics for addition to the LUGNET LEGO Sets Database I realize there are way more shots than we’ll be able to display, and they look so yummy, so, I thought I’d just suggest that folks go check ‘em out for yourself. They’re not visible yet at shop.lego.com, but they are at places like Amazon.jp (Japan).

(I’m pretty excited about new models like 8289, 8288, the Creator sets, and the new Viking sets!)

4894, 4895, 4896, 4893, 8285, 7898, 7897, 8288, 7784, 8821, 7020, 7021, 8813.

-Suz

1000stein has some -amazingly- detailed pics of the 4896 main model:

http://www.1000steine.de/forum2/forum_entry.php?id=1222

BTW, I added pics and info to the DB for NXT supplementals...

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=nxt

And I just heard that our LEGO Retail stores (in MA) are now receiving new sets (Sponge Bob, Avatar, and I think some Batman).

-Suz

Re: pics of 4896, and other new sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2006
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 20:14:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Stangl wrote:
8285 - drooooooool
4896 isn't bad either

Yes, some very nice looking sets coming out!

Now I just have to hope that every single bley piece in them can be
replaced with grey or some other color...

The way I see it (another anti-bley person here) is if I'm gonna get a set just
to display, then I'll just leave the bley in it.  Either it's on the shelf or in
its box - it won't get absorbed into my main "building pile" collection.

If you're buying for the pieces however, then that's a whole other issue...

-Bryan

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact