 Western/Wild West / 375
  Iron Clads

Has anyone out there tryed to build any Iron Clads ships from the Civil War Era. Just curious. David Little (URL) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Iron Clads

(...) It depends on what you mean by "Ironclads." I've done ironclads, but they're the oceangoing European sort--really overgrown frigates-- not the coastal or riverine sort that usually is associated with the US Civil War. (Sorry, no pics at the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Iron Clads

Do you think the boat hull from the adventure set would do for a small version. I am considering getting some of those sets to build some small versions of iron clads. Or do you think that they are not wide enough. Thank you for your help David (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Iron Clads

(...) David, I was thinking of making some little Monitors using those hulls. I haven't had time to do any extensive planning yet, but it seems like they should serve pretty well. If any of the little ones turn out well, I'm hoping to do a minifig (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Iron Clads

(...) Actually some wood was used: " The ship would be 172 feet long with a 41 foot 6 inch beam. Two 11 inch guns would be housed in a revolving turret. The ship would have a flat deck with only 18 inches of free board and a draft of 10 feet 6 (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, FTX)