 Trains / 8857
Re: LEGO Desert Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:23:01 GMT

Holger Matthes wrote:

Hi,

Some comments on the roof discussion:

I have one single grey rounded roof piece in 4 wide and grey ;-((( One DX-car
might need 11 of them on each side!! That will be 66 for my train with 3 cars.
No way to get so many of that hard to find piece!

I would go with Chris's idea and if I were LEGO Bulk Director, I would sell the
6005 Arch  1 x  3 x  2 with Curved Top (http://img.lugnet.com/ld/6005.gif) in
grey. This piece might have the right hight! But I never saw it in grey! Does
it exists??

Yes, but unfortunately it is rare as well.  (Check out the front of my Hiawatha
loco: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5495 )  I never considered
this element for roofs because it was so rare, but if it were available in bulk, I
still might have reservations because of its height (3 bricks).  The curve may be
more accurate, but the height is too tall.  Ideally, an element with the curve of
the 6005 with the height of the 6081 would be perfect.

-John

Normal grey 45° roof pieces (like I used them at the ends of the roof) are a
real alternative. But again - I don't have so much grey roof pieces ;-((

Greetings,

Holger (HoMa)