 Trains / 8812
  Re: Track Question

(...) Modern US prototype railroading does this fairly regularly when in double (or more) CTC controlled territory. You just have to complete the pass in some reasonable time (every block usually has crossovers to let you get back in your "lane") (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5s8B2.I2w@lugnet.com... (...) switchers (...) Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is "poleing"? Regards, ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) <snip> (...) I did a quick search of my NS rulebooks and I couldn't find anything against poleing. Although I'm sure since we don't carry poles, and like Larry said, most newer cars don't have the pockets, it really dosen't matter. I'm sure if (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Question

(...) Mechanically, Poling (poleing?? I dunno the spelling) is a way to move a car that is not on the same track as the locomotive. A large stout pole (15 feet long or so??) is placed in the poling pocket of the switcher and diagonally to the car on (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)