 Trains / 8778
  Berlin's old suburban train!

Hi train folks, I just build a model of the old Berlin suburban train! Ok, it's not my invention, I have see this model at Maik's and David's LEGO homepage ((URL) and (URL) and thought this could be a nice way to use my three red baseplates out of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Berlin's old suburban train!

(...) Cool! Really looks like it might have appeared in the 12V line. Excellent use of clear bricks. One question: I like the way you used the 1x2 with handle plate on the sides, but what did it represent. A door? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Berlin's old suburban train!

Hi Kevin, (...) Yes, the plates should imitate the doors! Travellers have tu pull the hand bar either to the left or right side to open the doors. See the real doors at: (URL) of the picture gallery (in english) of: (URL) the real one! To model it (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Berlin's old suburban train!

(...) If you insist;-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Berlin's old suburban train!

Hmmm look a little like the ones there were in Tallinn after the 2nd world war. Then the Berlin "s-bahn" trains was brought to Tallinn in 1944-45. I have only seen a few pictures of them; the seem to be very low. Are these the same ones? Sonnich (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)